The No. 1 Louisiana State Tigers and the No. 2 Alabama Crimson Tide are bound to face this Monday January 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM ET in the BCS National Championship Game in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana. You can watch the game live on ESPN. College football betting lines are available at Bovada Sportsbook, where you can get a 20% free bet bonus up to $100 with your deposit.
The Tigers are favorites to win the National Championship with a point spread of -1 along a total over/under line of 40½ points.
This is a rematch of the November 5, 2011 game in which LSU on the road defeated the Crimson Tide with a score of 9-6 in overtime covering the point spread as +5½ underdogs while the game went under the total of 41½ points.
Lousiana State finished its perfect season with a victory over Georgia on December 3 with a score of 42-10 covering the point spread of -11½ with the combined score going over the 46½ points line, making the Tigers 13-0 overall with an ATS record of 10-3-0.
Jarrett Lee passed for 1306 yards and 14 touchdowns with 3 interceptions during the season. He is said to have some academic issues but is expected for Monday’s game.
Alabama has an overall of 11-1 and 8-4-0 against the spread after a last game victory on the road against Auburn with a score of 42-14 covering the point spread of -21½ with the total score going over the 45½ points line.
A.J. McCarron passed for 2400 yards with 16 TDs and 5 interceptions. Trent Richardson rushed for 1583 yards and a total of 23 touchdowns in the season.
The Crimson Tide returns to Championship Game after winning it in 2010, Alabama went on to win the Capital One Bowl against Michigan State in 2010 in their last post season appearance. LSU won the Cotton Bowl in its last bowl game against Texas A&M in 2011.
• Alabama is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games.
• The total has gone OVER in 4 of Alabama’s last 6 games when playing LSU.
• Alabama is 3-4-2 ATS in its last 9 games when playing LSU.
• Alabama is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing LSU.
• LSU is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games.
• LSU is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Alabama.
• The total has gone OVER in 4 of LSU’s last 6 games.
• The total has gone OVER in 4 of LSU’s last 6 games when playing Alabama.
Possibly Related Posts:
- 2013 College Football Betting – Aggies vs Sooners Cotton Bowl Free Pick
- BYU vs San Diego State: 2012 Poinsettia Bowl Betting Odds
- Toledo vs Utah State: 2012 Idaho Potato Bowl Point Spread – Over Under
- Nevada vs Arizona: 2012New Mexico Bowl Point Spread – Over Under
- 2012-2013 College Football Bowl Games Betting Odds List